Making fuel from plastic waste is a new way to produce liquid fuel oil and recycle plastic waste in recent years. Usually, the common liquid fuel oil is from petroleum, one of the expensive and unsustainable resources in the world. But the fuel oil from the plastic waste is different because it comes from plastic waste, the most common waste in the world.
Therefore, it is an eco-friendly way to make fuel from plastic waste and also a good method to dispose of the inevitable waste. If you are engaged in the plastic recycling industry, it will be a business opportunity and we will give you some instructions for your reference.
1. How to Make Fuel from Plastic
Only the pyrolysis of plastic can realize the production of fuel from plastic waste. Pyrolysis is a chemical reaction which happens in a high-temperature and oxygen-free environment. It is able to decompose the plastic waste into plastic oil and carbon black and the plastic oil is usually known as the fuel from plastic. Adopting this kind of technology, people design different kinds of machines to convert plastic into fuel.
- Pre-treatment. If you have a large amount of plastic waste and some of them are bulky, you need to shred them into small pieces at first. But if not, Beston small pyrolysis plant without the pre-treatment facility is enough for you.
- Feeding. Feed the plastic waste into the pyrolysis reactor.
- Heating and oil gas generation. Heat the reactor and then the oil gas will be generated when the interior temperature of the reactor rises to 160℃.
- From oil gas to liquid oil. After the oil gas is generated, it will go to the manifold. The heavy particles in the oil gas are liquefied into heavy oil and stored in the heavy oil tank. And the light oil gas will rise up to the condenser to be liquefied into light oil and then stored in a light oil tank.
- If using a continuous type pyrolysis equipment, carbon black will be generated during the whole process and then be discharged automatically; but in a small plant, the carbon black will be discharged when the reactor is cooled down to 40 ℃.
The process of making fuel from plastic is not that complicated, but it asks a high-quality and safe working environment. For this reason, you need to select the plastic pyrolysis plant very carefully before you want to do the production.
Different Types of Pyrolysis Plants Offered by GreenBeston
|Working Method||Batch||Semi-Continuous||Fully Continuous|
|Raw Materials||Waste Plastic, Tyre, Rubber, Oil Sludge|
|Pattern||Horizontal & Rotary|
|Heating Materials||Charcoal, Wood, Fuel Oil, Natural Gas, LPG, etc.|
|Floor Area (L*W*H)||30*10*8m||30*10*8m||40*10*8m||45*25*10m|
|Operating Pressure||Normal Pressure||Constant Pressure|
|Cooling Method||Water Cooling|
|Life span||5-8 Years|
Note: thereinto, BLJ-6 & BLJ-10 are the small typed machine, BLJ-16 is the semi-continuous type and the BLL-20 is the fully continuous type.
2. What are the Raw Materials While Making Fuel from Plastic
Not all the plastic waste can be the raw materials of making fuels, the current acceptable plastic materials include PE, PP, PS, ABS, Pure white plastic, fishing net, safety net, bags of instant noodles, plastic trademark, pure plastic cable, clean plastic bags. So far, PVC and PET are the two plastic types that are not suitable to make fuels.
3. Oil Yield of the Liquid Fuel from Plastic Wastes
|Types of Plastic||Oil yield|
|Pure white plastic sheeting||60%-70%|
|Fishing net, safety net||45%-50%|
|Bags of instant noodles||40%|
|Pure plastic cable||60%-80%|
|Clean plastic bags||50%|
4. Uses of the Fuel from Plastics
Making fuels from plastics is not only a way to recycle plastic but a profitable business project. The liquid fuel oil from the plastic waste can be used as fuels in many areas. But we suggest you first turn it into diesel by a distillation machine and then use it to drive large heavy machinery like trains, ships, planes and tractors (note: cars are not in the list).
We hope this instruction is helpful when you are making fuel from plastic. Bear in mind that this is an easy chemical reaction but a respectively complicated recycling process. Therefore, if you really want a professional, safe and high-efficiency conversion from plastic to fuel, leave Beston a message now.