Turning plastic into fuel is a trend of waste to energy industry. Plastic, very convenient to use but very difficult to degrade itself in nature, is a coin with two sides. To better our living environment and explore new values from waste resources, we need to find the potential use of the plastic waste. That’s also why turning plastic into oil becomes popular in the industry.
How to Turn Plastic into Fuel
In an oxygen-absent pyrolysis reactor, the plastic waste, which is shredded into small pieces at first, will be decomposed into oil gas and carbon black as the temperature in the reactor rises to 160℃. There is usually a tube condenser with the machine. So the oil gas will be then liquefied into oil by the condenser. The heavy particles in the oil gas will become heavy oil. The light oil gas will become the light oil and it is the original form of the fuel from the plastic waste.
To get a higher quality fuel oil, you will need an oil distillation machine to turn the plastic oil into diesel fuel. Beston has high-quality distillation machine and waste plastic to oil machine for sale, which can help you to get high-quality diesel from plastic waste at last.
Oil Yields with Different Types of Plastic Waste
|Types of Plastic||Coming from||Oil yield|
|PE||films, bottles/calcium bottles, daily necessities, etc.||95%|
|Polypropylene (PP)||films, plastic rope, tableware, pots, barrels, furniture, bags, caps, car bumpers, etc.||90%|
|Polystyrene(PS)||electrical appliances, stationery, cups, food containers, appliance housings, electrical fittings, foam products, toys, etc.||90%|
|Pure white plastic sheeting||N/A||70%|
Benefits of Turning Plastic into Fuel
There might be many different ways to recycle plastic waste, why we choose turning them into fuel oil?
- Firstly, it is a good way to realize waste to energy. We can find the potential value of waste plastic and we can use the fuel as an alternative energy to save the natural resource of our planet.
- Secondly, it is a profitable way of recycling plastic. The fuel oil you get from the plastic waste can be used as fuel to drive large machinery and large-scale vehicles like planes, trains, and ships. Besides, there is also another important final product during the process of turning plastic into fuel, the carbon black. Carbon black is also a very useful industrial material with large market value.
- Thirdly, it is quite a simple operation to turn plastic into fuel. With a pyrolysis plant, you can get fuel oil from plastic very easy. The only thing you need to do is feeding, starting the machine, heating the reactor and then the process will start automatically until all the plastic in the reactor is turned into oil and carbon black.
If you choose the continuous pyrolysis plant designed by Beston, the process can be much easier because it is a fully automatic process from feeding to discharging.
Some Tips For You
After knowing how to turn plastic waste into diesel, here are some tips you may need,
- Watch the temperature of each stage carefully, it is the key to the whole process.
- Pay attention to the safety of flue gas emission in the process.
- Try to use clean fuel to heat the reactor, such as natural gas and LPG.
- Find a reliable supplier of the machine of turning plastic to fuel.
Turning plastic into fuel is a good way of recycling plastic waste. And it is also a real serious chemical changing process, so we suggest you do not try it alone at your home. You need to find a real and reliable plastic pyrolysis plant manufacturer and choose their machine carefully before you want to do this turning.